Licensees/Mortgage Companies/Debt Collectors
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT APPLICATIONS THROUGH THE NATIONWIDE
MORTGAGE LICENSING SYSTEM (NMLS) INCLUDING DEBT COLLECTORS.
Debt Collector Registration
Effective 9/3/13, Debt Collector applicants will be required to apply
for a RI Debt Collector Registration through the NMLS licensing system,
(see below). Questions may be directed to: BankInquiry@dbr.ri.gov
or by calling Rebecca Specht at (401-462-9564.
Rules and Regulations
- Lender, Loan Broker, Small Loan Lender, Check Casher, Sale of Checks or Electronic Money Transfer or Debt Management Services Business License Application Through the National Mortgage Licensing System ("NMLS")
- Small Loan Lender License
- Check Casher
- Sale of Checks or Electronic Money Transfer
- Debt-Management Services Business
Mortgage Loan Originator Registration
Authorization for Background Check and Release
Annual Reports (Due date March 31st each year)
IMPORTANT—Review the Division of Banking's Bulletins!
- Small Loan Lender, Debt Management Service Providers, Check Cashers, Sellers of Checks, or Electronic Money Transfer
- Lender or Loan Broker
- Small Loan Lender
- Check Cashers, Sellers of Checks, or Electronic Money Transfer
- Debt Management Service Providers