Division of Insurance Regulation: Individual Licensees
Choose one of the following Insurance Licensing categories:
Online Producer Licensing:
- All resident and non-resident applicants can apply or renew an Insurance Producer License online at www.NIPR.com
- Need to update your license with a new name and/or address?
- In accordance with Insurance Bulletin Number 2015-4, insurers and other entities are mandated to utilize the NIPR Contact Change Request application for all changes to individual licensees’ contact information (addresses/emails/phone numbers).
- Individual licensees should utilize the NIPR Contact Change Request application to make address/email/phone number updates electronically.
- Name changes cannot be made using the NIPR Contact Change Request application. If you need to update your name, please click here for the form and instructions.
- CE Provider Login
- Continuing education course application instructions and applications (updated April 2018):
- If you are a RI provider, or a provider with a non-reciprocal home state approval (FL and MA), click here for course submission instructions and the Rhode Island Home State Application.
- CE Course Content Guidelines
- If you are a provider located in a reciprocal state, click here for the course submission instructions and NAIC CER Course Filing Form.
- For instructions on processing and submitting course rosters in SBS, please
- Click here to utilize the SBS search to look for continuing education courses.
- Click here for a list of approved Continuing Education Course Providers.
- To check the status of your credits, click here to access your license information. Your “Education Transcript” will show all the courses taken and credits banked in your current compliance period.
Online Adjuster Licensing:
Emergency Adjuster Info:
Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser Licensing:
- All residents and non-residents can apply, renew, and reinstate a Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser license online at www.NIPR.com .
- Please click here for licensing instructions and general information.
- All applicants who are not an employee of an insurance company must submit the required employment affidavit. Select the applicable form below, complete it, and send it to DBR.InsLic@dbr.ri.gov.
- If you work at an automobile body repair shop, click here.
- If you do not plan to use the appraiser license immediately and you do not work at an automobile body repair shop, click here.
- If you do not have an automobile body repair shop license and you do not work at an automobile body repair shop, click here.
- If you do not plan to use your appraiser license immediately and you do work at an automobile body repair shop, click here.
Surplus Lines Broker Licensing:
Online Title Licensing:
Third Party Administrators
- All residents and non-residents can apply or renew a Reinsurance Intermediary Broker or Manager License online at www.NIPR.com.
- RI resident applicants are required to hold an active Rhode Island Insurance Producer license prior to applying.
- Non-resident applicants are required to hold both an active resident insurance producer license and a reciprocating reinsurance license in the applicant’s resident state prior to applying.
- Reinsurance intermediary licensing is governed by RI Gen Laws § 27-52-3.
Portable Electronics Vendor/Broker Licensing
- Portable Electronics Vendors must hold a business entity license in accordance with R.I. Gen. Laws § 27-2.7.
- Applications for both new licenses, renewals, and reinstatements must be made at www.nipr.com.
- Supplemental Applications are required in addition to the NIPR application.
- Click here for the supplemental application in support of a new application.
- Click here for the supplemental application in support of a renewal/reinstatement application.
- Requests for changes to licensee information or reporting of statutory notifications should be made via written notice to DBR.InsLic@dbr.ri.gov.
Pearson Vue Examination
SBS for Organizations
- We have partnered with SBS for Organizations to allow licensees and licensing administrators better access and more control over notifications regarding Rhode Island Licenses. SBS for Organizations has options that will allow a licensee or license administrator to receive reminders about CE, renewal dates, and other changes to their licenses. For more information, please visit at www.StateBasedSystems.com or by call the SBS Help Desk at 816-783-8990 between the hours of 8 a.m and 5 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday (except holidays).