RI.gov R.I. Government Agencies | Privacy Policy |

Contact Insurance

Insurance Regulation Information

Division of Insurance Regulation: Individual Licensees

Choose one of the following Insurance Licensing categories:

Producer Licensing:

Online Producer Licensing:
  • All resident and non-resident applicants can apply or renew an Insurance Producer License online at www.NIPR.com
  • Need to update your license with a new name and/or address?
    • In accordance with Insurance Bulletin Number 2015-4, insurers and other entities are mandated to utilize the NIPR Contact Change Request application for all changes to individual licensees’ contact information (addresses/emails/phone numbers).
    • Individual licensees should utilize the NIPR Contact Change Request application to make address/email/phone number updates electronically.
    • Name changes cannot be made using the NIPR Contact Change Request application. If you need to update your name, please click here for the form and instructions.
Producer Licensing:

Continuing Education:

    For Providers:

    • CE Provider Login
    • Continuing education course application instructions and applications (updated April 2018):
      • If you are a RI provider, or a provider with a non-reciprocal home state approval (FL and MA), click here for course submission instructions and the Rhode Island Home State Application.
      • CE Course Content Guidelines
      • If you are a provider located in a reciprocal state, click here for the course submission instructions and NAIC CER Course Filing Form.
      • For instructions on processing and submitting course rosters in SBS, please click here.

    For Producers:

    • Click here to utilize the SBS search to look for continuing education courses.
    • Click here for a list of approved Continuing Education Course Providers.
    • To check the status of your credits, click here to access your license information. Your “Education Transcript” will show all the courses taken and credits banked in your current compliance period.

Adjuster Licensing:

Online Adjuster Licensing:

Emergency Adjuster Info:

Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser Licensing:

Portable Electronics Vendor/Broker Licensing

  • Portable Electronics Vendors must hold a business entity license in accordance with R.I. Gen. Laws § 27-2.7.
  • Applications for both new licenses, renewals, and reinstatements must be made at www.nipr.com.
  • Supplemental Applications are required in addition to the NIPR application.
    • Click here for the supplemental application in support of a new application.
    • Click here for the supplemental application in support of a renewal/reinstatement application.
  • Requests for changes to licensee information or reporting of statutory notifications should be made via written notice to DBR.InsLic@dbr.ri.gov.

Pearson Vue Examination Information:

Licensing Fees:

SBS for Organizations

  • We have partnered with SBS for Organizations to allow licensees and licensing administrators better access and more control over notifications regarding Rhode Island Licenses. SBS for Organizations has options that will allow a licensee or license administrator to receive reminders about CE, renewal dates, and other changes to their licenses. For more information, please visit at www.StateBasedSystems.com or by call the SBS Help Desk at 816-783-8990 between the hours of 8 a.m and 5 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday (except holidays).